- 50 prints in 2017 part one!
- I'm reviving the blog!
- Japanese woodblock printing day with Laura Boswell
- BAFA Japanese woodblock printing talk and demo with Laura Boswell
- Varnishing Day 2012
- Entering the Royal Academy Summer Exhibition
- Varnishing Day at the Royal Academy of Arts 2011
- The Royal Academy Summer Exhibition letter
- Personalised cuff bracelet commission
My name is Alexandra Buckle. I have been a full time professional printmaker and artist since 2012, and I've had an interest in art, design and craft my whole life. I was previously based near Buckingham and I am now living in Bicester, Oxfordshire, where I have set up my own home printmaking studio.
I'm inspired by countryside walks and excited by light, shadow and colour. I enjoy capturing my favourite scenery as hand printed reduction linocuts. This relief printing technique involves cutting and printing several layers of colour from the same block of lino in order to build up an image. Reduction prints are sometimes referred to as suicide prints.
I teach private lino printing classes and workshops at my home studio in Bicester. I can tailor my workshops to artists or printmakers wishing to improve their skills, or to complete beginners. Visit Lino Printing Classes for more information.